Choosing the Right Builder
When planning to build a custom home, choosing the right builder is one of the most critical issues to resolve. The dream of enjoying a new home can become a nightmare with the wrong builder, with a project falling behind schedule, or unexpected costs ramping up. For outstanding craftsmanship and professionalism, McNulty Construction has garnered a reputation throughout the Park City, Utah area. The firm is recognized as one of the finest builders of custom homes – and for good reason.
How is McNulty Construction Different?
Mike McNulty, the owner, operates differently than most builders. He does not employ sub-contractors, but has his own select group of craftsmen and tradesmen, each of whom has been chosen for their skills and the ability to get the job done right – the first time. The firm can develop the entire project, including design and build, or work in conjunction with the architectural firm chosen by the client.
His firm has the philosophy that every client is different, and every aspect of the home build must be customized to suit, rather than a cookie-cutter approach. The architecture, engineering, exteriors, interiors, furnishing, budget forecasting, financials, and scheduling must be strictly tailored to meet the client’s specific needs, and what they envision for their new home.
Value Engineering Brings Incredible Outcomes at Lower Costs
Mike McNulty has an extensive background in carpentry, concrete, and accounting that he brings to the table for his custom home building clients. This allows him to reduce or restructure elements of a custom home project, leading to significant savings while still accomplishing a magnificent result.
He operates his construction firm on the principles of transparency, communication, efficiency, and being proactive. Expect maximum service – and a builder that is responsive and communicative at every phase of the project.
Custom Home Building by McNulty Construction: Setting the Standard for Quality
Building a custom home involves countless “moving pieces,” each of which must be addressed thoroughly so the intended result comes about. The process involves the following general steps:
- This involves schedule implementation and a minimum of once-a-week meetings with the architect, builder, and client to update on the project’s progress.
- All decisions are made with full transparency so the client is never blindsided or shocked – they are in the loop, fully informed and participating in this phase.
- A schedule is generated, with milestones in place so that the project moves ahead as planned.
- A budget is developed, with a full analysis of the financial impacts, expectations, and limitations in the home build, with a strict focus on cost control.
- HOA approvals are acquired.
- Construction documents completed.
- Permits requested.
- Budget refined (actual bids and estimates are in place so accurate forecasting is possible).
- Working schedule developed.
- Financial structure implemented.
- Online schedule activated – milestones must be met.
- Online budget activated and refined for even greater accuracy.
- Financial structure in place.
- Permits are in place.
- Interior design selections process started, with schedule.
- Weekly progress reports are issued to client, tracking schedule and budgets.
- Weekly photos posted online for tracking progress.
- Architect visits as needed.
- Owner encouraged to come to building site as it progresses.
Post-Construction and Warranty Phase:
- All warranty issues fulfilled.
- Help is provided for the transition to property management. Or, in-house property management can be provided as well.
- A “Honey-Do” service is included – hang pictures, set up furniture, and get help on any other tasks you need to make your new home the way you want it.
Custom Home Builder in Park City, Utah: Above and Beyond the Ordinary
McNulty Construction provides building services for high-end residential and investment properties, as well as providing building trade services for other construction companies. With nearly two decades of experience in custom home building, Mike McNulty, owner and operator of McNulty Construction, builds with dynamic and innovative ideas and a motto of transparency and efficiency.
Leave a Reply